To honor cacao, the ambrosia of the Gods, and summer, we made these Adaptogenic Chocolate Tacos by incorporating Bliss Booster into tortilla masa, and infusing the almond butter filling with Mushroom Adaptogen. A little scoop of coconut cream, fresh berries, and tiny fresh herb leaves (we used holy basil & thyme), made this a decadent and quick plant-based snack packed with mood-boosting Moodbeli adaptogens.
Tortillas are surprisingly easy to make and homemade tortillas blow store-bought tortillas out of the water. Homemade tortillas are more delicate, they're way more flavorful, they're less expensive, they never contain additives, and the process of making them is fun, and deeply satisfying.
- 1 cup masa harina
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 2 tsps Moodbeli Bliss Booster
- 4 Tbl almond butter
- 2 tsps Moodbeli Mushroom Adaptogen
- 1 Tbl coconut cream
- fresh berries
- herbs for garnish
- a tortilla press
Makes 18 two inch tortillas.
- In a small bowl mix the Mushroom Adaptogen into the almond butter until combined, and the almond butter takes on a rich chocolate color.
- Add masa harina and Bliss Booster to a large bowl and mix to incorporate. Pour hot water in the bowl and mix until a dough forms.
- Place a damp towel over your masa dough and, keeping the dough covered while you are working, roll the dough into little balls, about a 1/2 inch in diameter, in the palm of your hand. Keep the balls under the damp cloth until you are ready to press and cook them.
- When you are ready to cook the tortillas, heat a comal or griddle over high and use the tortilla press to press as many tortillas as will fit on your cooking surface. Cook the tortillas one to two minutes per side, and then place in an airtight container while you make the rest.
- To assemble the tacos, add a spoonful of Mushroom Almond Butter to a tortilla and top it with a tiny scoop of coconut cream, a fresh berry, and a few thyme leaves. Serve with a Cloud Powder tonic and enjoy in the full summer sun.
Recipes You Might Like
Shop the Recipe