A show-stopping bowl of turmeric oats to brighten winter mornings and ward off inflammation by Hannah Guthman.
- 1/3 cup gluten free oats
- 1 cup water (or plant-based mylk)
- 2 T unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tsp. maple syrup, coconut nectar (or sweetener of choice)
- 1 tsp. Moodbeli Golden Turmeric
- 1 tsp. ground flax
- a pinch of sea salt
- coconut yogurt
*toppings: fruit, nut butter, coconut
1. Add your water, salt and oats to a small saucepan, and bring to a rolling boil over medium heat.
2. Reduce to simmer (over low heat), add the coconut, cinnamon, Golden Turmeric & flax, and stir slowly until your oats are creamy and tender. (5-10 min)
3. Remove from the heat, and gently stir in a spoonful of coconut yogurt for extra creaminess along with your desired sweetener of choice.
4. Gently transfer your porridge to a small bowl, and top with fresh peaches, nut butter, extra coconut... or any of your favorite toppings.
5. Add a pinch of turmeric on top, and enjoy!!!