This recipe was inspired by the beautiful spread in this month's Bon Appetit magazine. Instead of curry paste, we substituted Golden Turmeric and Gochujang, the super delicious fermented Korean chili paste that is the star ingredient of Korean BBQ.
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 TBL coconut oil
- 1 TBL Gochujang
- 2 tsps Moodbeli Golden Turmeric
- 1 package of firm tofu, drained and cubed
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- Sea salt
- 4 large collard leaves (steamed)
- Handful of cilantro
- Handful of mint (optional)
- Thinly sliced red chili (optional)
- Lime wedges for garnish
- Melt the coconut oil over medium heat and quickly sauté half the scallion and the garlic, about one minute.
- Add the gochujang and Golden Turmeric to combine, then add the cubed tofu and coconut milk.
- Adjust the heat to low and simmer until the sauce thickens, season with sea salt.
- Serve tofu on a plate with steamed collards*, fresh herbs, the rest of the scallions, and chili slices if using.
- Enjoy with lime wedges and a brown rice.
*The original recipe doesn't mention cooking the collards but we highly recommend giving them a quick steam because we think they're a little too tough to enjoy raw.