This is a guest post by our friend Kelsey at The Mindful Chef.
This may sound like a lot of ingredients to think about whipping up at home, but I promise you, it's quick and easy, and it is something that really works for me (both for my body and my budget!). Understanding that everyone has certain dietary preferences and restrictions, this can all be adjusted to your liking, another reason why I love this nutritional profile. This quick and easy outline for the perfect at-home matcha latte gives you the tools, ingredients, insight, anecdotes, and how-to steps to make this your new favorite ritual. Hope you love it as much as I do!
What you'll need:
- 1 mug
- 1 blender
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 tablespoon
- 1 cup measuring cup
- 1 teaspoon matcha
- 1/2 teaspoon Moodbeli Blue Green Protein
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter
- 1 tablespoon collagen peptides
- 1 teaspoon raw local honey
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup almond milk (or nut milk of choice)
1. Add one teaspoon of your culinary grade matcha, I use Navitas Organics, to your mug. Matcha has an earthy taste, and possess a long list of nutritional benefits. For me, I find that quality matcha provides me with sustainable energy, improved skin clarity, and focused energy.
2. Add 1/2 teaspoon of Moodbeli Blue Green Protein to your mug. This adaptogen blend acts as a detoxifier, immunity booster, and nourishes the skin.
3. Add one tablespoon of coconut butter to your mug of matcha and Moodbeli blend. Coconut butter is is loaded with essential nutrients to nourish your skin from the inside out. Please note, I worked up to one tablespoon of this, as I found that coconut oil and coconut butters can be a bit difficult to digest at first if you have never used coconut oil or an equivalent coconut ingredient. I find that it helps with my skin and keeps me feeling full a bit longer than when I don't use it, but I started with one teaspoon for the first 2-3 weeks before upping the usage to one tablespoon.
4. Next up in the magic matcha mix is collagen. I always add collagen to my morning matcha whether I am at home or traveling. At home, I measure it out with one scoop or one tablespoon, and when I am traveling, I have my perfectly portioned grab-go packets that make it too easy. I started using collagen over a year ago, and I have noticed an improvement in my skin, my nails, and my hair has been growing even faster than it normally does. Recently, my hairdresser even stated that my hair felt and looked thicker (I usually have thin hair, but lots of it), and has been looking healthier overall. Collagen also has been said to help with bone and joint health, which is so important to be taking care of.
5. Once all of your dry ingredients have been added to your mug, heat one cup of water on the stove or in a teapot. While the water is heating up, add one teaspoon of raw honey to the mug.
6. When the water is coming to a boil, remove from heat and pour the hot water over the dry ingredients, and whisk or stir the ingredients together quickly until all ingredients are combined.
7. Pour the blend into a blender, and add your 1/4 cup of almond milk (or nut milk of your choice). Blend for 5 to 10 seconds.
8. Pour the newly blended beverage back into your mug, and enjoy! This little blender trick will quickly froth the matcha blend and evenly combine all ingredients for a smoother, earthy taste that will let you conquer your day.
Follow me @themindfulchef on IG and FB: www.facebook.com/themindfulchef.page. Your comments and positive vibes always make my day!